Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: XT Rage 16GB Slow detection/Ask to be formatted

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default XT Rage 16GB Slow detection/Ask to be formatted

    This seems to occur only on windows 7 machines. XP and vista recognize the driver immediately. In windows 7 I insert the driver and have to wait ~ 30s before it appears in "My Computer". Regularly, windows will ask me to format the drive - I cancel the request and the driver is usable.

    I've tried using the Rage specific formatting software; Formatting as NTFS; Clean all USB drivers.

    Whats happening?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I re-installed the OS, problem is no longer present.

    Problem was on my side - thank you for the well thought out product Patriot!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I have exactly the same problem with Patriot 32Gb Xporter XT Boost. In WinXP it works normally; once put on Win7 machine it takes very long time to initialize and ends up with formatting prompt. I have 2 Win7 machines and both having the same problem. Select cancel, wait for a while and is usable but it takes easily 2 minutes for that.

    However, i do not think the solution is to format and reinstall the OS, there must be a reason. Is it because of different NTFS version between XP and Win7 or some other things.

    On my have I have a Patriot Supersonic 64Gb USB 3.0 drive, unopened yet. I read this thread after i bought the flash drive zzz... let me see how it works this time.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Hi ...

    I have detection and media corruption issue with my 64 GB Rage USB Disk on my Desktop PC running Win 7 Ultimate on GIGABYTE EP45-UD3R Mainboard ... it takes between 1-2 minutes to detect and sometimes with Formatting prompt .

    I use the same USB disk on my laptop (Sony F136) with exact same OS and no problem at all .


    Any suggestions ?


    Update :

    I need to add USB ports on laptop are USB 3.0 however the RAGE disk is USB 2.0 .
    Last edited by DarKnight; 06-20-2011 at 08:26 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarKnight View Post
    Hi ...

    I have detection and media corruption issue with my 64 GB Rage USB Disk on my Desktop PC running Win 7 Ultimate on GIGABYTE EP45-UD3R Mainboard ... it takes between 1-2 minutes to detect and sometimes with Formatting prompt .

    I use the same USB disk on my laptop (Sony F136) with exact same OS and no problem at all .


    Any suggestions ?


    Update :

    I need to add USB ports on laptop are USB 3.0 however the RAGE disk is USB 2.0 .
    If it works on one system but not another system, this usually indicates that it is a drivers issue.

    Do you have all of your drivers (particularly usb/chipset) installed on the Gigabyte Motherboard?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_Ben View Post
    If it works on one system but not another system, this usually indicates that it is a drivers issue.

    Do you have all of your drivers (particularly usb/chipset) installed on the Gigabyte Motherboard?

    Well there is no specific driver not on the CD nor on the web site .... but OS detected all devices ...

    If it is any help ... I have a 16 GB SanDisk Cruzer ... and no problem at all ...even on my desktop PC .

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,601

    Default

    Can you see if a low level format will fix the issue?

    The Rage low level format tool can be downloaded from our website...
    http://www.patriotmemory.com/softwar...er_v2.10.0.zip

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_Ben View Post
    Can you see if a low level format will fix the issue?

    The Rage low level format tool can be downloaded from our website...
    http://www.patriotmemory.com/softwar...er_v2.10.0.zip

    I read the other threads in this forum and then asked here ... so ... I tried low level format before posting ...

    No difference in detection time and I couldn't afford to keep using in with FAT32 file format to see if media corruption happens or not ... plus I need to copy files bigger than 2GB on my USB disk ... so FAT32 won't work .
    Last edited by DarKnight; 06-23-2011 at 10:27 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarKnight View Post
    I read the other threads in this forum and then asked here ... so ... I tried low level format before posting ...

    No difference in detection time and I couldn't afford to keep using in with FAT32 file format to see if media corruption happens or not ... plus I need to copy files bigger than 2GB on my USB disk ... so FAT32 won't work .
    I would recommend a replacement under warranty.

    To Initiate an RMA or items relating to warranty for your product, please visit this link here and input your product info:
    http://www.patriotmemory.com/support...jsp?partid=982

    (This link will get your name and contact info into our Support/RMA Portal database. You will then be given a user id and password where you can make replies to your Support/RMA case. Feel free to login to reply or simply await for the case to be escalated to RMA with further instructions. To escalate your case to rma, please indicate that you've already spoken to a rep via the forums.)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1

    Wink This may be the solution...

    I started having the same problems (slow drive connection, request to reformat the Patriot XT drive) in Win7. No problems on XP machine. I noticed that I have just installed Acronis True Image 2012. When I unistall the Acronis sofware, the Patriot XT USB drive is working great again. There could be some conflict between USB drivers and Acronis daemon. The Acronis daemon is running all the time, probably checking storage devices and starting backup when it is scheduled. My build is ASUS P8Z68 Pro-V, i7-2700K. Original ASUS chipset drivers were installed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •