Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XT Rage 16GB Slow detection/Ask to be formatted

Quote Originally Posted by biochemist View Post
    I started having the same problems (slow drive connection, request to reformat the Patriot XT drive) in Win7. No problems on XP machine. I noticed that I have just installed Acronis True Image 2012. When I unistall the Acronis sofware, the Patriot XT USB drive is working great again. There could be some conflict between USB drivers and Acronis daemon. The Acronis daemon is running all the time, probably checking storage devices and starting backup when it is scheduled. My build is ASUS P8Z68 Pro-V, i7-2700K. Original ASUS chipset drivers were installed.
    biochemist is right. I recently purchased the RAGE XT 16GB.

I am running ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe, i7 2600K, Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 with all latest drivers and updates.

I have Acronis True Image Home 2010 installed and I have the exact same issue. Would take 30+ seconds to detect the drive and then ask me to format.

Once I uninstalled Acronis from the system the RAGE XT detects without the 30 second wait, but there is still a slight delay compared to my 32GB Patriot SuperSonic 3.0 which is instantaneous.

What's weird is that my XP machine is Acronis 2010 as well but the RAGE XT detects fine. Maybe it's time to switch to Macrium.

This issue needs to be stickied and by the forum admin.

Agree, this fixed my problem with Rage XT 16G on Win 7 Dell Vostro 430.
    (Uninstalling Acronis Home 2012 fixed the slow detection/ask to reformat even though the USB drive was readable in other Win7 machines)

I have been having the same problem as those previously with a Rage XT 64G 3.0 Flash Drive. It is supposed to run at 3.0 speeds but has never really done this at all. Additionally it is super slow to be recognized by my computer and when you try to play video from it it actually crashes WMP. This is in direct contrast to another competitor USB 3 64G flash drive which is immediately recognized and plays very fast. Also I have a WD passport 3.0 which is also immediately recognized and plays normally. Tried the drive in a friends computer and it behaves the same way - his computer has an intel chipset and mine is AMD (Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 with W7 and all current drivers and updates). I know that sometimes you can just get a bad product and I know the drive is faulty and have tried to RMA it but with the worst customer service I have ever experienced. First, they are slow (slower than the 24-48 hours they say) and then they ask scripted questions which were already answered in the original contact. Overall, worst living up to a warranty I have ever seen. I bought it on Amazon and unfortunately did not try it till the Amazon warranty expired - a mistake I will never make again with anything Patriot.

By the way, no Acronis here.

Angry XT Stellar 64GB

I have experienced a similar problem every time I have plugged my Patriot USB into my Win7 computer - except it has been unrecoverable each time. I have had to format it and replace all documents/media. Very frustrating.

There doesn't seem to be any problems with the drive and it ejects fine, then I try to use it on another computer and the partition table is gone. No problems experienced with XP/Mac whatsoever. But this has diluted the usefulness of a USB drive for me! It's a pity too because even on USB2 connections this device was lightning fast.