Thread: RMA Question (PVS24G8500ELKN)

Default RMA Question (PVS24G8500ELKN)

Hi, I've been having problem with my PVS24G8500ELKN kit as of late and was considering an RMA (Long story short: I usually keep my ram underclocked, but recently changed it to its rated speeds. I suddenly started getting blue screens and restarts. Problem went away after reverting to underclocked speeds). However, I noticed on the Patriot website that this kit is listed as "End of Life" (EOL). How would this effect me? I was under the impression that after sending in a kit for an RMA, a new replacement kit would be sent out. Would I be able to receive one for this EOL kit? If not, would I be sent a different yet comparable product? I fear that since I have an older DDR2 set, this may be a problem.

Thanks in advance for helping me out, I appreciate it.
    Last edited by Insomniac; 04-03-2011 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Changed title

Hello Insomniac,

We would recommend sending this question to RMA@patriotmem.com. They should be able to address your question.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I have not heard back from them in over a week. I sent them a second e-mail just now. Does it usually take so long to hear back from them?

Hello,

Currently, the replacement would be PGS24G6400ELK.

Thanks for the reply. It's too bad that I would have to downgrade in the event of an RMA. Fortunately, after following a technical support rep's advice and updating my BIOS to the most recent version, I haven't had any BSODs or auto restarts with my kit at DDR2-1066 speeds. I'll continue to monitor it for the next couple weeks to make sure that everything is stable, but so far, so good