Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BC18-70R2: Beta: Discussion and Bug Reports

Default BC18-70R2: Beta: Discussion and Bug Reports

http://www.patriotmemory.com/softwar...BETA_P70R2.zip

Release Notes: P70R2

Added multi-language updates.
    1. Add Movies List Menu. Press [MENU] while movie is playing, video list will appear. User may choose video file to play.

2. Separate Audio output toHDMI output and SPDIF output as two options.

3. Press [AUDIO] to choose left or right single channel audio output.

4. Revise index=-1 issue while switch Audio in BD ISO.
    This thread is to address the beta release of BC18-70R2. Please discuss any bugs & findings here...

so I re-post here

Quote Originally Posted by arradgiato View Post
    I've tried it today: p70r1 issues seems to be solved: no mkv issue, no ims issue and the new function showing list during video playback is pretty cool! I can't try dd or dts over hdmi or spdif out, so someone else should verify this.

This must be like the fastest update to come out so far. Only like a week apart.
    It still doesn't fix my problem of being able to play one of my audio tracks in my mkv file.

http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5909

Now is very god i think the video is better too the surround sound is back!
    thank you

certainly one of the best fw release that I tried yet. Now I'm waiting for internet radio and mms native support!!!
    Last edited by arradgiato; 04-05-2011 at 06:23 AM.

Default Great update!

Thanks for your fast support! I flashed yestarday night, and now Dolby, DTS via HDMI are WORKING GREAT!!!!
    Now we have two separate options for audio output, one by HDMI and the other by SPDIF. Both of them could be on at a time?
    Once again, THANKS, I will check another features.

Unhappy I give up

All firmwares up thru P05-IMS have had great copy speeds when copying from one USB device to another. That went away with the release of P61 and has not been fixed yet. Not sure why this problem is not being resolved. I know that others have had the same issue.

I have given up for now on the PBO team and their firmware releases. I am now using the newest MEDEBO alternate firmware V4.0.4. It has great features, a great interface, and the USB to USB copy speeds are quick, just like the earlier version of the official firmware for the PBO.

I still love my PBO, but my Love for their official firmware has cooled.

Hope future releases fix the copy speed issue, and hope they can integrate some of the cool MEDEBO features like the Video Wall.

Danny.
    Last edited by dannykwest1; 04-06-2011 at 01:24 AM.

I can confirm that raw multichannel audio (Dolby Digital and DTS) is working again over HDMI.

I checked the IMS and it seems to be working well, I watched a TED talk in HD.

The "multichannel PCM" audio mode doesn't seem to work (if I understand correctly how it's supposed to work). I tried it with DTS and DD 5.1 sources and my receiver indicates that the output is 2.0-channel PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Astronaut View Post
    I can confirm that raw multichannel audio (Dolby Digital and DTS) is working again over HDMI.

I checked the IMS and it seems to be working well, I watched a TED talk in HD.

The "multichannel PCM" audio mode doesn't seem to work (if I understand correctly how it's supposed to work). I tried it with DTS and DD 5.1 sources and my receiver indicates that the output is 2.0-channel PCM.
    i got the same result. only RAW mode can get multichannel, the others are all 2-channel sound.

Unhappy Off button:

Could use a off button in HDMI and SPDIF sound option, i use a Yamaha soundbar when i play video on my PBO and sound now goes both to TV and soundbar, i use optical cable from PBO to soundbar and want's to mute sound on HDMI so it only goes to my soundbar?