Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BC18-70R2: Beta: Discussion and Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by lemse View Post
    i use optical cable from PBO to soundbar and want's to mute sound on HDMI so it only goes to my soundbar?
    Wouldn't be easier to use the mute button on your TV ?
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

Quote Originally Posted by aasoror View Post
    Wouldn't be easier to use the mute button on your TV ?
    Not if you have a Logitech Harmony remote that is programmed to use a specific setup when playing mediafiles!

Quote Originally Posted by lemse View Post
    Not if you have a Logitech Harmony remote that is programmed to use a specific setup when playing mediafiles!
    howewer, you can change profile in your harmony remote to mute your tv and then return to the mediafiles setup..

Quote Originally Posted by arradgiato View Post
    howewer, you can change profile in your harmony remote to mute your tv and then return to the mediafiles setup..
    Yes, and then i have displayed on my Samsung TV "no sound" all the time, so that's not god

Default Audio options appear fixed in BC18-70R

Hi All,

I just tested the new audio options and they seem to work fine. I tested these with DVD .ISO image playback, and .MP3 audio files.
    1. SPDIF - RAW passes Dolby Digital and DTS, SPDIF -LPCM DUAL CH provides 2 channel stereo only. NOTE - remember if you are playing mp3 audio files, you aren't going to hear them if you are set to SPDIF RAW.
    2. HDMI - both settings pass audio appropriately
    3. Dual output using HDMI and SPDIF simultaneously works well in BC18-70R2
    Last edited by DEKConsultingLLC; 04-06-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Again, my hopes are dashed...

I was using PM5-IMS, as it was the only PBO firmware that allowed simultaneous HDMI and SPDIF audio output (although it was declared a"glitch" and was removed in future firmwares).

I tried the patched Mede8er and ACRyan firmwares, which had the dual audio that I needed, but when making MKVs directly to the PBO from my PC (via MakeMKV) the network speeds were ridiculously slow - 0.2x for both versus around 2.2x with PM5-IMS. (I refuse to use sneakernet)

So, the new firmware has dual audio, which, with each set to RAW, worked well for both HDMI and SPDIF (for video files with 5.1 audio).

But the new firmware has the same slow network speed as the patched firmwares, so, an hour later, I'm already back to PM5-IMS.

Some other notes: It's nice that the new firmware menu starts with "Browser", rather than "File Copy" (as in PM5-IMS). Also, it takes a little less time before allowing playback for my MKVs.

However, the clock is still screwed up - it's annoying to see the files on the internal HDD dated 2021 (or 2012, or seemingly ANY year other than 2011).
    Last edited by jamaroney; 04-06-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Default IMS Menu inoperative for me in BC18-70R2

When I attempt to browse any feed from the IMS menu I get a pop up message that says "connect to server:network is up" with a [confirm] option. I used to view weather often using BC18 P61. Am I missing something here? On a good note, IMS didn't cause my PBO to reboot as it did if I poked around the IMS area too long.
    Can someone also post a recent working default IMS menu choice for me? I want to attempt it on my PBO.

04-09-2011 Update - IMS is now working for me now. I tired a few things I'll list here. Unfortunately, I can't say with confidence that my final change fixed it. Just passsing along the information. I hope it helps if anyone else gets stuck
    1. After upgrading firmware, I powered off, then back on. No success.
    2. I tried to browse to other network resources on my network. I was successful in browsing and playing a movie. IMS still giving error above.
    3. I when to network settings, and resaved my hard wired network connection. - SUCCESS ! I could guess why it worked... but I won't.
    Last edited by DEKConsultingLLC; 04-09-2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: IMS working now...

Default PBO Remote button functionality may have changed.

In release BC18 P61, I would watch a DVD .ISO image, and in order to skip directly to the DVD root menu, I would select [menu] on the PBO remote. It appears that the "new" button to press is [Title] to bring me to the DVD root menu.
    I understand that a new feature allowing a movies list menu has just been added, and you had to map the option to a button on the PBO remote.. but is the [menu] button (and subsequent remapping of it's old operation to [title]) appropriate? Look at most DVD remotes, and you'll notice that "Menu/Guide", "Top Menu", or "Menu" options are placed in an easy location. The PBO remote's "Menu" button is in a great spot (lower right corner) but "Title" is 2 in from the lower left corner (I might need to concentrate harder if attempting to access this in a dark room while watching a movie).

If I'm wrong in my comment, and [title] has always, brought me to the DVD root menu - let me know.

Also, any idea if a new or updated manual is available, or if there is a link where I can get more information regarding operating the PBO. I love the box, and if I can save time not having to reinvent figuring out features would be great!
    Last edited by DEKConsultingLLC; 04-06-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Default New Movies List Menu appears to only list videos in the same folder you're in

When playing a DVD .ISO image, pressing [menu] brings me to a video list so that I may choose another video file to play. I find that when I do this, the only videos I can choose from are the videos in the same directory as the video I am playing.
    Is this "as designed" or is the ability to not browse to other directories a bug.

While I find the feature useful for say browsing small video clips where I'm looking for a specific video in a specific folder, or moving between chapters of a movie broken up by video file (I create movie chapters for my Android this way), I would love to see the ability to move to different directories. If it's an "as designed" feature, I won't expect any changes.

Thanks all

I've noticed that some video files (that with previous fw worked well) with p70r2 have asynchronous audio. Has anyone encountered this issue? Moreover, a mp4 video file that worked very well (even with this fw) suddenly became corrupted. How is it possible?