Thread: Help!

Default Help!

I try to install Gearbox on my home network, but don't have a cd-drive on my laptop. I have downloaded the Gear:BoxCD.zip, but when I try to open the SDisk.jar the file won't open correctly! For some reason, Win7 thinks this file is a Nokia Ovi-file, and therefore opens the Ovi-program. Why does this happen?

Anybody else who have experienced this? How can I work around this??

Any help is highly appreciated!

Was the Gearbox zip directly from our website? Do you have any other devices plugged networked to your router?

Try a hard-reset on your router and modem (unplug and replug), make sure that any possible conflicting devices is turned off and try opening the program again.

Let me know if this picks up the Gearbox.

http://www.java.com/en/download/inc/windows_new_xpi.jsp

The application is a JAva aRchive. Its needs Sun Java to run.

You do not need that tool to use the gearbox though. You can login to your router and find the IP address of the gearbox, and visit the address with your web browser to access the gearbox's web interface.
    I AM NOT A PATRIOT MEMORY EMPLOYEE.

But they have, on occasion, bribed me with hardware.

I am happy to help, but don't PM me. Post a thread in the appropriate forum so others may benefit and offer assistance.
    Your lack of planning is not an emergency on my part.

The Gearbox zip was downloaded directly from your website, and unpacked before I doubleclicked the SDisk.jar. I have tried to run the Java-installer before opening SDisk.jar, but when I doubleclick the Ovi-program from Nokia opens every time. I managed to borrow a friends computer to install the Gearbox, but now I can't access the harddrive that I have connected to the Gearbox. I have tried for many hours to set up your system, but with no luck. For some reason all the computers that try to access the harddrive opens a dialog-box for username and password. I have tried every combination in the manual and my computer without success. I find the Gearbox, but can not access any disk that I connect to the Gearbox without being prompted to write a username and password that I don't know where I'll find...

Try user: 'admin' pass: 'admin'

Please refer to this for more details:
    http://www.patriotmemory.com/support...ds/GearBox.txt