Thread: not see 2nd HD

Question not see 2nd HD

After I posted the message, I did a poweroff, unplug all the HD and plug in again, Both drivers are seen by the system. Don't know why it happened.

-------------
    When I first installed my Valkyrie, I only have one HD drive. Recently I got 2nd HD. But after I plugged in, I don't see it in the Vakyrie DISK MANAGEMENT.

Is there anything I should do to let Valkyrie see the 2nd drive?

Thanks.

Kev
    Last edited by yuketor; 06-20-2011 at 09:45 AM.

I have a similar problem. Initially, I put in a 2TB drive and it works fine. Then I added a 80GB drive in ext2 to add other functions (e.g. BT) although I only tried that a couple times. Both drives work for a couple months. Then my 2TB drive often "disappered" from the list while the other drive is still working. I have tried swapping the drive ports or removing the 80GB drives, but that sporadic problem persists. Now I have to power cycle the box every other days in order keep the 2TB drive visible.

have you tried to use alternative drives to se if the issue persists, this will allow you to rule out any potential issue the the nas.

I've removed the HDDA 80GB drive for building another system a few months ago. Then, I put it back a couple months ago and reformat and re-install it in the NAS. Now both drives work fine. I have not experienced the disconnection of HDDB since then. However, I found problem with an USB 2TB drive plugged into it. It was originally in NTFS (read only) format. I re-format it to ext3 with the web interface and put some files to it. The R/W speed is extremely slow. Very often, it is not even showing folder/files over the net. I think the drive may be in sleep mode or it may have other partitions in it. I am going to remove all the partition and reformat it again on a PC before plugging it back to the NAS. My other drives connected to the same USB port through the same USB hub works fine though.

Default NAS is rubbish

Hi first time poster here. I just purchased valkrie NAS and cant get HDDB to show up anywhere in the nas web tool i cant format it i cant do anything with it. HDDA works fine but i plugged in a brand new extra 1TB drive and it wont show up at all. I had firmware version 2 on there so i removed it and went back to the original firmware it came with but it still does not show up.i wanted 2tb of back up but i can only see 1 drive Is upgrading this to firmware version 4 gonna fix my problem or am i just wasting my time with this piece of ****. Also the cooling fan at the back does not spin, does this only come on when a temperature is reached (whatever that may be, as long as it doesnt damage drive before it kicks in). Need help before i bin this pile of ****. I have spent 150 on this including drives only to find it wont recognise the second drive. HELP ME PLEASE.