Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSD24G8002S RAM - BIOS recognized new memory, not booting past black screen.

Hi,

I have the same problem as the original post. I tried everything stated in this post with no success.

I have Toshiba Satellite A665-11z. I bought two PSD34G13332S.

Unhappy Same Toshiba laptop

[QUOTE=Patriot_Ben;48231]Thanks for confirming. I'm stickying this for now in case anyone else has an issue with Toshiba notebooks.

Hi , 1st time here. I have a Toshiba L505. I am trying to upgrade from 1 x 2G to 2 X 2G ram. bought what I thought was the right new set, installed, will not boot. tried various combinations: old alone works; 1 new with old unit, worked but not well: slow and choppy. Have read and read. Seems others have this but I can find no resolution, Some talk about shorting the CMOS battery but I am uncomfortable with that.(can't find it anyway.) Seems like there should be a programming method to reset CMOS if that is in fact the issue. Your help is appreciated. Rick

[QUOTE=Rickscranton;58215]
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_Ben View Post
    Thanks for confirming. I'm stickying this for now in case anyone else has an issue with Toshiba notebooks.

Hi , 1st time here. I have a Toshiba L505. I am trying to upgrade from 1 x 2G to 2 X 2G ram. bought what I thought was the right new set, installed, will not boot. tried various combinations: old alone works; 1 new with old unit, worked but not well: slow and choppy. Have read and read. Seems others have this but I can find no resolution, Some talk about shorting the CMOS battery but I am uncomfortable with that.(can't find it anyway.) Seems like there should be a programming method to reset CMOS if that is in fact the issue. Your help is appreciated. Rick
    Hey Rick,

Your best bet would be to contact Toshiba in regards to this issue. They can help you with this issue.

Thanks for confirming. I have a ASUS K455L