Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [Pyro, Pyro SE & Wildfire] Firmware 5.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by derekd View Post
    Updated last week from 3.3.0 to 5.0.1 hoping to finally get a stable system after dealing with crashes for almost 8 months... It's been a huge headache every time I update since I'm running in a raid 0, and I've tried running them on an external with a different computer in ACHI and they wouldn't read so that plan was scrapped, as pretty much every other computer owner I know is on a Mac.

I didn't think running 5.0.1 would be a huge issue since the recall was related to AMD platforms and I'm on a LGA 1155 - Asus P8P67 WS Revolution board. I've had 3 crashes since the update so I'm hoping I can find a good chunk of spare hours soon to move to 3.3.2 over the next (sooner than the previous 8 months) little while. I have a feeling though this may just result in requiring an RMA or something, which is a headache I really do not want to have to deal with.

I'll post an update in the 3.3.2 after it's done, but this is just a heads up on the 5.0.1 with an Intel set-up.

Since this last post I've gone to 3.3.2, 5.0.2 and 5.0.4. I think it's time for something to be done... My bigger question is where is Patriot heading now that they've pulled the Sata III SSD line off their site?

Currently using Wildfire on 3.3.2 for a while and a MacBook Pro 2011 dualboot Apple / Win7 64bit. Current issues mainly slow shutdown (2-3 minutes) on Windows 7 64-bit and although the SSD is recognized by the firmware update tool, it will not flash to 5.0.1. It does not show any error, in fact, it actually confirms successful update but after the reboot, firmware still 3.3.2. Removed drive and attached it to another notebook using a external eSATA attachment kit via USB. I can access the Win7 partition but the firmware update tool does not see the SSD drive even as admin. The only option left seems to completely wipe the disk, install win7 from scratch on the 2nd notebook then update the firmware, put it back into Macbook Pro install Apple IOS and Windows 7 again from scratch roughly 3 days of working including application. Any suggestion how this can be made in an easier way? Any customized boot CD that includes the latest firmware that I can use that allow me to flash the drive or any other easier method?

Try updating it on another machine and not as the OS drive.

ran it as admin with no luck

Try to reinstall it or run on another machine - maybe your OS causes the problem.

I have an older 60Gb Patriot Pyro that says on the label it's ver, 3.1.9 so I want to update it to the latest version because Windows 8.1 keeps crashing and getting BSODs due to video card and SSD issues. I replaced the video card but the SSD is still a problem, I wish Microsoft would find a way to fix Win 8.1 so it doesn't crash so much! Anyway, I downloaded the update firmware and the Updater program but when I run the Updater it can't find the SSD! You'd think that if Windows can see it and other apps like SSDLife can see it that Patriot's own software should be able to find it! Does anyone know what the problem could be, doesn't the Updater work in Win 8.1 or what?
    Update, I tried the Pyro Firmware Updater in Windows 7 and it won't work there either and still can't see the drive!
    Last edited by stevec5000; 07-14-2014 at 05:21 PM.