Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Pyro, Pyro SE & Wildfire] Firmware 5.0.1

no,it didn't work for me
    my system would bsod everytime it booted in ide mode until I changed it back to ahci
    there's something wrong with the updater,that's what wrong

Hello. Is because the SCSI mode on the X79 chipset have a little bug. He dont reconize the ssd whit cristal disk info or intel toolbox for exemple.. For updating the SSD you must unistall the SCSI driver and the sata controller. I do it but whit the 5.0.1 i get bsod whit my wildfire 120gb.. Now i try whit the old 3.3.2

Also make sure you have installed the latest BIOS in your computer if you haven't already done so? Also can you download the latest SATA drivers as well?

Make sure you SSD is plugged into either Port 0-1.

if you update to the newest intel chipset drivers 9.3.0.1020 it will solve the issue and
    you will be able to update the firmware

I am sorry bigcid10 but i have the 9.3.0.1020 and patriot upgrade tool or all other software dont reconize the ssd and hdd.

The only way for upgrade the patriot is uninstalling the RSTE drivers, and the Intel Management Engine Interface. Reboot and your hdd and ssd will be installed in ATA normal mode (not SCSI) and you can do the firmware update whit the patriot tool!

if your drive still says scsi then reinstall the 9.3.0.1020 drivers with the -overall switch and it
    reinstall over again and you will see it change to ata now
    then it will work

The firmware updater worked fine for me with a pyro 60gig and a pyro 120gig.

I am running a P35 board, windows 7 home premium, microsoft drivers, AHCI mode.

After update finished, Shutdown windows and power off computer for 10 seconds.

HI!Id like to say thank to Patriot.Now my Wildfires working without problem.I havent met with sleeping disk anymore.Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bigcid10 View Post
    if your drive still says scsi then reinstall the 9.3.0.1020 drivers with the -overall switch and it
    reinstall over again and you will see it change to ata now
    then it will work
    The X79 chipset workd whit the RSTE driver. not the RST. You cannot install the 9.3.0.1020 RST on this platform. This platform (X79) work whit the 3.0.0.3011 RSTE driver.

If you are on X79 platform, you must unnistall every drivers of your motherboard (Chipset drivers, OEM drivers and RSTE drivers) and reboot for updat the firmeware. Because whit the X79 platform drivers, all the SSD and HDD are not reconized whit many tools. For now.

rste is a given,we already knew that
    I already had the other files installed I just reinstalled chipset 9.3.0.1020 and that solved my issue