Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Pyro, Pyro SE & Wildfire] Firmware 5.0.1

How long does the update take? It seems to run forever..... I don't know what happened, and not sure if I should power off/on...
    It's been running 10 min now....

do you see a green check mark next the drive
    if so then it's ok ,reboot and it will be updated

Updated last week from 3.3.0 to 5.0.1 hoping to finally get a stable system after dealing with crashes for almost 8 months... It's been a huge headache every time I update since I'm running in a raid 0, and I've tried running them on an external with a different computer in ACHI and they wouldn't read so that plan was scrapped, as pretty much every other computer owner I know is on a Mac.

I didn't think running 5.0.1 would be a huge issue since the recall was related to AMD platforms and I'm on a LGA 1155 - Asus P8P67 WS Revolution board. I've had 3 crashes since the update so I'm hoping I can find a good chunk of spare hours soon to move to 3.3.2 over the next (sooner than the previous 8 months) little while. I have a feeling though this may just result in requiring an RMA or something, which is a headache I really do not want to have to deal with.

I'll post an update in the 3.3.2 after it's done, but this is just a heads up on the 5.0.1 with an Intel set-up.

Where is 5.04 that fixes TRIM, please update.

Quote Originally Posted by alan1476 View Post
    Where is 5.04 that fixes TRIM, please update.
    Hello,

Please refer to our website for 5.0.4:
    http://www.patriotmemory.com/support...downloadsp.jsp

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_Ben View Post
    Hello,

Please refer to our website for 5.0.4:
    http://www.patriotmemory.com/support...downloadsp.jsp
    Has anyone had troubles flashing to 5.0.4, i ran through the updater (have previously upgraded to 3.3.2 and 5.0.2) and it completed successfully but then after reboot the drive no longer appears in BIOS :-(

I've logged a support job, but just wondering if anyone else has seen this behaviour.

ldcosta,

Try a hard shutdown. Power your computer off completely for a couple of minutes after the firmware update.

I would also recommend, turning off the PSU and clearing the CMOS, then fire it back up to see if it changes.

Let me know if this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_Ben View Post
    ldcosta,

Try a hard shutdown. Power your computer off completely for a couple of minutes after the firmware update.

I would also recommend, turning off the PSU and clearing the CMOS, then fire it back up to see if it changes.

Let me know if this helps.
    Yeah, the drive is pretty unresponsive, i even uplugged it and reseated the cables.

It's getting RMA'd.

Why is 5.0.4 removed from download list? I have it runig for a while, everything works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by beagle87 View Post
    Why is 5.0.4 removed from download list? I have it runig for a while, everything works like a charm.
    Bump. Where is 5.0.4. Was hoping for TRIM support before reinstalling Windows.