Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finding apk application for your PBO Alpine (stock firmware)

Quote Originally Posted by snappy46 View Post
    Just to add to this many router have a build in capability to communicate with DynDNS and automatically forward the new IP address to DynDNS. Look at your router options; if such option does not exist then you will need to run a resident software on your PC or possibly running on the PBO (linux version) to be running (see DynDNS for more info).

Cheers !!!
    thanks as always snappy46!!

I wasn't sure where to put this, & will probably be of limited use. Sorry if it has to be moved.

For those who have Verizon & want Pandora (maybe because their wife keeps asking 'when we are going to get Pandora in the living room.':

In the Verizon on-screen guide there is a 'Widget' section. In this section under the music tab............ PANDORA.

Hope this helps somebody.
    Last edited by The6thArmy; 10-27-2012 at 07:38 AM.

I was able to get a clean and perfectly working install of the following two apps on Matrix:

IP Cam Viewer (IP Cam Viewer_4.7.0.4.apk)
    If you have an IP Camera that you want to be able to access and control.

NPR Player (NPR Player_2.2.11.apk)
    For listening to (downloading content) stations, podcasts, etc. originating on National Public Radio.

PS
    I even installed MoboPlayer but it was playing so slowly I had to uninstall it and its accompanying codec.
    I got the apks by installing the apps on my android then using "ES Task Manager's" backup feature to access the apk's on my sdcard

Hi Guys, any body was successful installing Flash Player ? I'm trying to install version 10.1 for Android 2.x, 3.x and it always say "Application not installed". We like to watch the "watch cartoons online" website and the videos do not play and I'm guessing it is because of the missing flash player. Any hint from you guys will be appreciated. Thank you.

Anyone could recommend me an app compatible opening playlist file. I want watch IPTV over alpine, I know couple services like ozo.tv but thing is alpine can't be used on google play and I cannot find anywhere apk file.

Quote Originally Posted by paralilis View Post
    Hi Guys, any body was successful installing Flash Player ? I'm trying to install version 10.1 for Android 2.x, 3.x and it always say "Application not installed". We like to watch the "watch cartoons online" website and the videos do not play and I'm guessing it is because of the missing flash player. Any hint from you guys will be appreciated. Thank you.
    a few of us have attempted it but as far as i know no one has succeeded, even with older versions of flash.

I just added servers ultimate to the list of application (see first post); this is a very neat application that allows many servers to run on the PBO. I only tried the telnet and web server and both worked great.

Enjoy !!!
    hey snappy did you do a decent test run with this app? i find the pbo to be very slow in communicating with the web (i have a wired connection straight to the router, and i'm running matrix). i'm presuming that the server would have equally slow traffic to and from the web.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmayo View Post
    hey snappy did you do a decent test run with this app? i find the pbo to be very slow in communicating with the web (i have a wired connection straight to the router, and i'm running matrix). i'm presuming that the server would have equally slow traffic to and from the web.
    I can not say that I did a throughall test on this app; I only tried the Web server and telnet server. My PBO is connected using a powerline adapter which are pretty crappy. I just assumed that the slow speed was related to my poor connection. Either way I would not expect any lightspeed performance with this device running any servers.

You are correct in assuming that if it is slow running locally it would definitely be slow on the web.

Cheers !!!

I can not say that I did a throughall test on this app; I only tried the Web server and telnet server. My PBO is connected using a powerline adapter which are pretty crappy. I just assumed that the slow speed was related to my poor connection. Either way I would not expect any lightspeed performance with this device running any servers.

You are correct in assuming that if it is slow running locally it would definitely be slow on the web.

Cheers !!!
    thanks man!!