Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PBO Alpine Matrix Alpha Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_Ben View Post
    I have passed along your findings to our PBO Engineers.
    Quote Originally Posted by dardie72 View Post
    Is there a workaround for this problem, as I am experiencing this as well. Pretty hard to test if all you can access is the media areas, and settings.
    Dardie72: The only "workaround" currently is to revert back to the stock firmware.

Patriot_Ben: Any word on when your PBO Engineers might have the next firmware available that resolves the Force Close error?

Hello,

Are you stating that any applications from the 'Applications' menu give you a force close error? Which applications are you trying to use?

We just ran a quick test here and cannot seem to replicate this.

Can you try flashing it to the 1.1.0 stock firmware http://patriotmemory.com/support/driversp.jsp
    ...then trying the Alpha firmware again?

Hello,

Are you stating that any applications from the 'Applications' menu give you a force close error? Which applications are you trying to use?

Can you try flashing it to the 1.1.0 stock firmware http://patriotmemory.com/support/driversp.jsp
    I receive the force close error as soon as I click on the Applications menu from the home page. Accordingly, I am not provided with the opportunity to run any of the applications.

I will reflash with 1.1.0 and then retry the Alpha firmware.

I flashed the box back to 1.1.0 and could run Applications.

I then flashed the Alpha firmware. After it rebooted, I immediately clicked on Applications and received the force close error. No matter what I do, Applications will not run with the Alpha firmware.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Itslife View Post
    I flashed the box back to 1.1.0 and could run Applications.

I then flashed the Alpha firmware. After it rebooted, I immediately clicked on Applications and received the force close error. No matter what I do, Applications will not run with the Alpha firmware.
    Are you by chance using a mouse when you click on application and get the force close error?

I experienced this error when using a mouse/keyboard when I clicked on applications with the mouse. It would not happen if I used the alpine remote.

Quote Originally Posted by tim711 View Post
    Are you by chance using a mouse when you click on application and get the force close error?

I experienced this error when using a mouse/keyboard when I clicked on applications with the mouse. It would not happen if I used the alpine remote.
    Yes I was trying to click on Applications with a mouse. I just tried it using the remote and I did not receive a force close error. Well done Tim711.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Itslife View Post
    Yes I was trying to click on Applications with a mouse. I just tried it using the remote and I did not receive a force close error. Well done Tim711.
    Sweet, that's good.

Not a problem, glad I could help

Great Catch tim711!

Any idea Patriot_Ben when the next Alpine alpha firmware will be released?

Itslife,

We're hoping to get it out by next week.