Thread: How can I download apk files from Google Play?

Default How can I download apk files from Google Play?

I am interested in PPTV and PPS. I just can't find how to download the APK file to PC.

Quote Originally Posted by xicloud View Post
    I am interested in PPTV and PPS. I just can't find how to download the APK file to PC.
    You can not download files from google play to the PBO; you need to find a web site that host that apk file. By the way most of those types of apps include their own video player which do not work on the PBO Alpine.

If you have another Android device that has google market available and is rooted you could always install the app you are looking for to that device and then copy the apk file normally found on the /data/app directory to a usb/sdcard and then install that app on the PBO Alpine.

Hope this helps.

Snappy

The alpine only has 50MB of free app space, so even if you get an apk to install, you may not have room to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jak Crow View Post
    The alpine only has 50MB of free app space, so even if you get an apk to install, you may not have room to install it.
    i thought there was talk here of installing, not on internal memory, but on your external hd. is there a confirmed way to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by lordmayo View Post
    i thought there was talk here of installing, not on internal memory, but on your external hd. is there a confirmed way to do that?
    A small portion of memory (flash memory) is set aside for apps installation. Some of those apps allows some of their data to be move to external memory (see manage application in settings); but I am not sure if that is supported by the PBO Alpine. All that being said a lot of the apps are only a few MB many even less than so things are not as bad as it seems even with only 50 MB set aside.

Cheers!!!