Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Low Level Format Tool: Write-Protected USB (Read First Post on Pg1 before replying!)

Default Low Level Format Tool: Write-Protected USB (Read First Post on Pg1 before replying!)

This thread is for Low-Level Format tool Requests. We will do our best to get to you ASAP HOWEVER, because our forums are community-driven and not monitored by Patriot regularly, e-mail Patriot's Support Team directly at Support@Patriotmem.com for faster response.

The tool is offered for Patriot USB Flash drives only (For SD Cards go to SD.org). Please help US help YOU... we will only respond if you leave an e-mail address. We understand your privacy concerns. Our mods/admins will edit your e-mail address once the tool has been sent. Please include the model of your drive and a brief description of the problem of your USB flash drive. Because of the forums' spam checker, we would suggest spelling it out or the post may get moderated.

For example: JohnDoe(at)mymail(dot)com
    Otherwise, only mods/admins can see your post after they log in.

The most common fixes of this tool are for: drives that develop multiple bad sectors, write-protected, or stubborn viruses, drives that are detected in “My Computer” but are not accessible, or drives that become extremely slow due to degradation over time.

The purpose of this tool is to format your USB flash drive down to the cell level. Please make sure to backup any data BEFORE you use the low level format. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RECOVER ANY DATA ONCE YOU BEGIN.

Please advise that a low level format should only be done as a last resort. The misuse of this tool can PERMANENTLY DAMAGE your USB flash drive. Patriot Memory assumes no liability for any damage to the drive or data due to the low level format. For this reason, Patriot Memory will send this tool to customers via email under case-by-case scenario only.

Thank You for choosing Patriot Memory.
    Last edited by Patriot_Ben; 07-17-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Thumbs up

Replies have been sent to those that have asked. Posts deleted to reduce clutter.

Just a reminder to please include your e-mail address when making a post for Low Level Format Tool Requests if you need the Software.

If you don't wish to post your e-mail address you can PM me or e-mail support@patriotmem.com.

Thank You.
    Last edited by Patriot_Ben; 02-27-2009 at 05:45 PM.

I have a PEF16GUSB and after formatting it to NTFS under WinXP the speed
    slows down in few times. Can you send me this program, to try fix this.
    - thanks
    Last edited by Patriot_Ben; 08-03-2009 at 04:42 PM.

Default Please send tool

After formatting my drive in Vista x32 the write speeds are hovering around 6 mb/sec max. Please send the low level format tool to . Thanks.
    Last edited by Patriot_Ben; 08-03-2009 at 04:42 PM.

Need the low level format tool. My 8gb Xporter is write protected.
    Email:
    Last edited by Patriot_Ben; 08-03-2009 at 06:08 PM.

same problem with the 8gb USB
    please send the low level format tool to:
    Last edited by Patriot_Ben; 08-03-2009 at 07:10 PM.

Arrow

Patriot Xporter XT Boost 8GB Flash Drive Model PEF8GUSB

Write speed SLOWed from about 11Mb/s to 7Mb/s after a simple standard FAT32 format Windows XP SP2 (benchmarks using DiskBench and ATTO)

Heard Low Level Format may help -
    can you please send me a copy?

Thanks

please edit to delete e-mail address:
    Last edited by Patriot_Ben; 08-03-2009 at 09:04 PM.

Default Patriot 4gb USB Xporter Write Protected

I have a 4gb Patriot Xporter Usb drive. I tried using ReadyBoost and increasing performance on my computer, but I got this error saying that it didn't have the characteristics to use readyboost on the drive. So I then tried using the format option and got a write protection error. Tried formatting on other computers and it still didn't work.

I tried Pming you, but it wouldn't allow me for some reason.

Email: Jambandit[at]gmail.com
    Last edited by Dogx; 08-12-2009 at 03:34 AM.

Default Patriot 8GB slows down & name changed after testing

Hi,
    I bought PEF8GUSB (X-porter XT Boost 8GB) today aND after testing it with "Flash memory toolkit" its name changed to "USB Disk 30X". Before testing its speed was ~200X but now is ~135X (Read speed=~20MB/s). How could I have the first speed?! Can it be repaired with low level format? If low level format can solve the problem please send it to my e-mail:
    thanks.
    Last edited by amint; 11-23-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Default Device info block is corrupted.

Thank you for your supporting and sending Low level formatting tool. But executing the tool in both "Quick" and "Full" mode shows the messeage "Device info block is corrupted, please return via RMA." I know I am responsible for this error and it's my fault but if there is any way or any software to repair this problem, please help me.
    My e-mail:

Last edited by amint; 11-23-2010 at 07:34 PM.