Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Youtube not working (Now Fix)

Quote Originally Posted by Danng View Post
    Hello Snappy46:

Thank you for the Alpine user support.

I just received a link from Patriot support for the Youtube app fix. I haven't apply the fix yet but will do later today.

Here is the link:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/wjpkwh6yjqt...20Fix.zip?dl=1

Thanks
    Dan
    Thanks Dan,

I received an email today also about that fix. I installed it tonight and it works great. There was however a word of warning about and I quote
    a message prompt that (always) pops up acknowledging that there is a new Youtube version
    but I did not see that message on my player. Anyhow Youtube is back on the PBO Alpine.

Cheers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by snappy46 View Post
    Thanks Dan,

I received an email today also about that fix. I installed it tonight and it works great. There was however a word of warning about and I quote

but I did not see that message on my player. Anyhow Youtube is back on the PBO Alpine.

Cheers !!!
    Hello Snappy46:

The app does indeed works great. There is one problem I found: when I play the clips from a playlist, it doesn`t continue playing the list but stops after playing each clip and not continue playing the next clip. I`ve confirmed my youtube settings are correct and the playlist plays correctly on my pc. Are you able to confirm this is in fact an issue with the app when running youtube playlist.

Thanks
    Dan

Hello Snappy46:

Thank you for the Alpine user support.

I just received a link from Patriot support for the Youtube app fix. I haven't apply the fix yet but will do later today.

Here is the link:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/wjpkwh6yjqt...20Fix.zip?dl=1

Thanks
    Dan
    nice going! yup it works. hopefully power cycling won't affect things.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmayo View Post
    nice going! yup it works. hopefully power cycling won't affect things.
    am i missing something here - does anybody notice that turning it off then on undoes the fix, then you have to install again? i suppose, snappy46, that we have to move the installation to the proper system directory as we did with your VideoPlayer mod?

am i missing something here - does anybody notice that turning it off then on undoes the fix, then you have to install again? i suppose, snappy46, that we have to move the installation to the proper system directory as we did with your VideoPlayer mod?
    No, this should work fine and install in the proper directory (system) during installation. This app has the same signature keys as the original YouTube app therefore effectively replace the old version. Are you saying that every time you turn your player off/on you get back to the old application??? Which firmware are you running??? I do not have this problem here but I am not running the matrix firmware I have the stock last updated firmware. Can you confirm you firmware if in fact your app is not being replaced.

Snappy

Quote Originally Posted by snappy46 View Post
    Can you confirm you firmware if in fact your app is not being replaced.

Snappy
    hi snappy apologies yes i'm back to running matrix and the post is entirely from a matrix perspective. i moved the install to the systems dir and update stuck/stayed after that, even through powering off then on.

am i missing something here - does anybody notice that turning it off then on undoes the fix, then you have to install again?
    My Alpine is on stock f/w 2.1 and didn't have problem applying the Youtube app fix; Power off/on keeps the fix.

I remain on f/w 2.1 as the matrix fw was not working well with the little remote that came with the box. The stock fw works fine so far, all networked to Win7,Xp,W2k, Ubuntu 12, playbook, no problem, just the UI is not as fancy looking as the Matrix version.
    Last edited by Danng; 11-06-2012 at 10:56 PM.

I remain on f/w 2.1 .
    yeah i reverted to stock and had to get back to matrix because i really needed matrix's skip fast forward feature. waiting for stock to do a fast forward was like fast forwarding a casette tape in the 1980s.

but to be clear, on my matrix install, i had to use snappy46's tip to move the youtube install from its current directory on into the system directory in order to make the new youtube installation permanent (through powering off then on).

but to be clear, on my matrix install, i had to use snappy46's tip to move the youtube install from its current directory on into the system directory in order to make the new youtube installation permanent (through powering off then on).
    Doesn't hurt to try if you know how to revert to the working state in case...

I'm just curious and trying to learn how this box does things as I still don't quite understand why the fix was not staying on the Matrix f/w. Do you have two Youtube app icons showing on your Application page? Also can you remove the Youtube fix install from the program list after you installed it? I know that you cannot uninstall the stock Youtube app from the program list.

Doesn't hurt to try if you know how to revert to the working state in case...

I'm just curious and trying to learn how this box does things as I still don't quite understand why the fix was not staying on the Matrix f/w. Do you have two Youtube app icons showing on your Application page? Also can you remove the Youtube fix install from the program list after you installed it? I know that you cannot uninstall the stock Youtube app from the program list.
    hi Danng no there's only one youtube icon. as for removing the fix, i'm not sure but usually there's an option to "uninstall updates" which i am guessing would revert youtube to its original (unfixed) state.

on matrix when i installed the fix it went to a separate directory, a directory other than where the permanent stock youtube app resides. in using snappy46's fix i replaced the stock file with the updated file so it could be the case that uninstall updates is unavailable to me... who knows?