Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Youtube not working (Now Fix)

Quote Originally Posted by PatonB View Post
    Thanks Dan,

The videos are random, try the 2 I listed above, and as I too am Canadian, we should all have the same country access stuff.
    Hello PatonB:

I tried the clip "Psy - gentlemen" and got an error playing the clip too.

I also played ten subsequent clips from the search and found one other ("psy - gentlemen live??") not working, so two out of ten clips fail to play. It looks like the youtube app is unable to play some clips, but play majority of them. Playing on computer is fine. Playing the clip on Alpine after saving to its sdcard is fine.

We will have to ask Snappy46 for suggestion,

Thanks
    Dan

Yha, my exact issue as well.

It seems to be hit or miss with Music videos, but have yet to find a error on things like personal video uploads, documentries etc.

Thanks Dan trying it out.

They only thing that I can think of is either a codec issue or those are restricted video's which requires you to be log in to youtube to play. I don't know.

Sorry that I can not be of any help.

Snappy.

Thanks Snappy, I've run into age restricted videos and then these things.

Ah well, least it's not me.

I hope the youtube fix comes soon. I recently updated firmware to 3.3 and also have the youtube video viewing acore error occurred very annoying to say the least. Maybe when the youtube fix is implemented they can incorporate the samba network fix that work around is pretty lengthy.
    Last edited by Arniceous; 09-07-2013 at 02:16 AM.
    Feel The Need to Seed >TD<

Patriot has abandoned firmware development... or any other software development for that matter on that device.

Cheers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arniceous View Post
    I hope the youtube fix comes soon. I recently updated firmware to 3.3 and also have the youtube video viewing acore error occurred very annoying to say the least. Maybe when the youtube fix is implemented they can incorporate the samba network fix that work around is pretty lengthy.

i've been using imediashare app from the ANDROID play store to send videos to the patriot box. it turns your phone into somewhat of a server (kinda like chromecast except you need to keep the app running with iMediashare whereas with chromecast once your phone hands off to the dongle your phone is no longer necessary).

the most recent version of iMediashare doesn't work but here's a link to one of the versions prior that does work: http://ubuntuone.com/31jDbTZMKi4NlITQoMJMDx

iMediashare will send to your tv any video on your phone, or any video on youtube. the app also has its catalogue of vid sites like vimeo and a ton of others for you to browse and send to either your patriot box or if you have a smart tv it will pick that tv up and automatically start broadcasting on the tv. no setup necessary on the tv end so in that sense its even better than chromecast. and you won't even need the patriot to receive the videos if you have a smart tv.

HOWTO

the file linked above is a ".rar," a compressed file, so you will need a utility on your phone like ES File explorer app to unzip it through the long press menu options and THEN install it.

you can start iMediashare then go to whatever phone vid or whatever youtube vid then tap the share link and share it with iM. if not that, then just go to the vid and press share where you should see iM as one of the share options.

on the following screen it will show your tv if you have a smart tv. if you don't, then it will show Android instead of showing a tv. select Android in that case.

once you've done that, you go to your patriot balls, select video, select i think its network share (or media whichever - i'm not in front of it at the moment), and it will show your phone's id as an option. select that.

after that, you can select from the menu. to play the vid that you selected on your phone, choose the "now playing" option and you will see the title of the vid. just select it and play away!
    Last edited by lordmayo; 12-02-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snappy46 View Post
    Hi lordmayo,

The key word in your quote is small community; in order to make any kind of community development you need a lot of people. Most people doing community development do so in their spare time and their time is limited hence development crazy slow unless a bunch of people participate. To make matter worst I could only find one other player that is similar enough to the PBO Alpine that we could join/collaborate with them to benefit both community. Unfortunately I do not see any type of development on the other player community forum. Things were certainly a lot different with the PBO Core; I do not even have enough fingers to count all the various player based on the same chipset as the PBO Core. Many of those player had development from their community where various projects was created. Just as an example I develop SRJG (Movie Jukebox) for the PBO core and the likes with individuals from the ACRyan and Ellion community.

I have a feeling that the future of the PBO Alpine is bleek at best and so is any further development from the community or otherwise.

As far as finding proper apk for the PBO Alpine google is your friends followed with trial and error to see if app runs ok on the PBO Alpine. The android platform on the PBO has obviously been recompiled from source with some modification therefore finding application that works properly or even creating your own is a bit of a challenge. I must also admit that I haven't had much motivation to do any development for the PBO Alpine because I very seldom use it .... My PBO core is still my player of choice and the one that I use most of the time unless I want to watch something on YouTube.

That being said I still have a few projects for the PBO Alpine that I am playing with which I may release at some point but I don't know. I used those more as a learning tool in my spare time than anything else.

Cheers !!!

hello Snappy:

Happy new year!

I don't know if you or anyone else are still using this Alpine PBO, I don't see anyone talks about it anymore. I'm still using it but currently (since December 2014) experiencing this same "Can not play this streaming clip" error message when trying to play any clip off the youtube app.

You have previously help us find a fix for this error. We appreciated very much. Just to see if you can step in and help finding a patch for this..

Thanks so much in advance for your help,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I still use my Alpine PBO but only to play music lately my PBO Core is still going strong and my player of choice for video playback. I am aware about the broken youTube app but no fixes is available. Currently if I want to watch something on youTube I simply run an app on the Alpine (smartphone2TV) app and use my tablet to stream to the PBO Alpine using the Flipps HD app on my tablet which works well with the app installed on the Alpine (smartphone2TV). Free version of the Flipps HD is available but limited in it's use. Anyhow this setup works fine for my needs. If you want to go that route and need more information about the setup and where to get the smartphone2TV app just let me know.

Snappy