Thread: Harmony Remote setup

Default Harmony Remote setup

Since i really couldn't find an anwser, and my attempt failed to get it working, is there any reason why my setup using the Computer -> Media center -> Patriot "Box Office" shouldn't work?

I can't get it to power on, so I haven't even tried to see if the other controls worked.

Anyone have any help for me?

Thanks

Is this thread related to the PBO Alpine or the PBO Core???? Are those setup on the Harmony remote control (Computer -> Media center -> Patriot "Box Office")???

Sorry for the lack of info.

Its a Alpine I have, but the remotes are the same, are they not?

And yes, using the Logitech harmony software, the PBO core/Alpine is setup "Automatically" by selecting that sequence.

Patriot provided Logitech with the codes, but for some reason they can still be a PIA.

I find the patriot alpine is very inconstant when it comes to the harmony remote. Sometimes it turns on and works, other times I have to use the large remote and the harmony won't work. Very Odd. Could be a setup issue on my end.

Thanks accat.

I think i'll try learning the power button

I realize this thread is a few months old but I'm having trouble adding my PBO Core, with the latest firmware revision, to my Harmony 880. I have followed the instructions on some of the threads here as follows: Media Center PC, then 'Patriot' (only Patriot reference in the Harmony list) and then PBO Core. After updating the remote several times the PBO still won't respond at all. I see that many users have had success - maybe I'm missing a key step? Any help would be appreciated.

Write down the make and model number of each device the Harmony remote will control. Model numbers are typically found on the back of devices such as TVs and DVD players, or on the front of the Owner's Manual.

I'm still missing the step too, sorry.

I was bored and tried my remote out, and it turns out my remote WORKS for basic functions... That means the play/stop/pause works as does the arrow/navigation circle.

The volume and power does not work though.

Figured it out.

Must set the device as PBO Alpine. It will setup the small remote. Seems the Cores remote (big one) isn't set up right by Logitech to run the Alpine.
    Last edited by PatonB; 06-26-2013 at 04:20 PM.